picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

16.2.11

Waiting on Wednesday...

But Kat, you say, Nightshade has been out forever and all the cool kids including me have read it a gazillion times.

YES I KNOW! You may know about my love/hate for the paranormal genre. I want to love it but with a couple exceptions most of the books I've read fell flat for me. So usually when I see paranormal books, I order them for the library and then sort of forget about them until a bazillion people are like, 'This is the best book EVER' and then I might place a hold (and be 40-something on the holds list).

So in case you're like me and haven't read Nightshade yet, let me give you the skinny:

the premise: According to the catalog: Calla and Ren have been raised knowing it is their destiny to mate with one another and rule over their shape-shifting wolf pack, but when a human boy arrives and vies for Calla's heart, she is faced with a decision that could change her whole world. According to my friends/bloggers: awesome pack dynamics and a smokin' hot love story.

why I'm dying to read it: Because I'm determined that THIS might be the paranormal book that I finally fall in love with. I really did like Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and a couple others but they just don't seem to make me head over heels like they do most people.

how long I have to wait: Well, I'm 40-something on the holds list so approximately forever.

while you're waiting, check out: There are a gazillion werewolf books out there but I've heard really good things about Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Barnes. It's available in print or e-book. If you have other favourite werewolf books, leave them in the Shoutbox or comments.

No comments: