picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

19.1.11

Waiting on Wednesday...

I know I just featured a contemporary romance last week but, this one is set in New York! (And it's set in the 80s so it's almost historical fiction!) It's not exactly a secret that I like love stories set in New York . (Those are only five recommendations!) So naturally when I saw good reviews starting to trickle in for Other Words for Love by Lorraine Rosenthal, I was dying to read it. It doesn't hurt that the cover is gorgeous too.

the premise: Pretty standard: Girl moves to new school, meets cute boy, falls head over heels. Boy becomes distant, girl is left to wonder if what they had was real. (Although to be fair, one review I read said that the summary doesn't do this book justice at all)

why I'm dying to read it: Beside the fact that it's set in my favourite city, it's also by a debut author and I'm doing a debut author challenge this year where I read 12 books by debut authors. So far I've read one (Across the Universe by Beth Revis which was so ridiculously good) and am looking for more.

how long I have to wait: Well, this one is already out but I'm being good and waiting for the library copy instead of rushing to the store to buy it NOW. (We'll see how long that lasts...)

while you're waiting check out: If you want New York romance, I've got you covered. Check out the above links. I can't really recommend books based on writing style because she's a debut author. After reading a few reviews, I think a good read-alike for this one would be Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian. Another book where a girl sort of loses herself in a relationship.

No comments: