picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

19.1.11

Cover Story: Soulless by Christopher Golden

So if you look at this first cover, would you think it was about Zombies?


Uh... I know it's about a city... and a girl. And there's a tag with, 'The Dead Travel Fast' so maybe she's a necromancer? 

Take a look at THIS cover:


Same tag, 'the dead travel fast', only this time it sends shivers up my spine because the bloody handprints make it clear that the dead travel fast TO KILL ME. How is this even a cover for the same book?! To be fair, I haven't read Soulless. It's on my looong to be read list. But the first cove barely makes me glance at it whereas the second cover makes it obvious that it's a gritty, messy, horrific book (one that I kind of want to read under my covers with the light on). 

(after re-reading the summary, I now know it's about both necromancy AND zombies! So I suppose both covers do it justice)

I don't know. Forest of Hands and Teeth had a girl on the cover and I love those covers, I do, but I also think it means that zombie fans don't pick up those books. What do you guys think? Pretty cover or bloody cover?

(click on the covers to read the summary/place holds/etc.)

No comments: