picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

8.9.10

Waiting On... Wednesday

Confession: Sometimes I don't want heavy, serious books (actually I'm hard pressed to think of a time when I do want heavy, serious books). Sometimes I want books with lots of action and lots of adventure and lots of stuff getting blown up. This is why I love series like Percy Jackson and Michael Scott's Nicholas Flamel books. They're fast-paced and fun but also well-written and intriguing.

I'm hoping the Joshua Files series by M.G. Harris is the same. The first book is Invisible City.

the premise: Joshua's dad, an archeologist, goes missing in the Mexican jungle hunting for information about the Mayan prophecy foretelling the end of the world in 2012. Naturally Joshua goes looking for him and in doing so finds out that he's the only one who can save humanity (shocker).

why I'm dying to read it: Despite the somewhat ridiculous premise, it promises to be high-action and is "a deadly web of intrigue featuring CIA agents, secret Mayan technology, UFOs, and very possibly-when the ancient Mayan calendar winds down on December 22, 2012-the end of the world" (according to Publisher's Weekly).
how long I have to wait: the book has been out for a month now so the copy I have on hold is probably in processing somewhere... I'm hoping I can have it in my hot little hands in the next few weeks.

while you're waiting check out: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan or The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. Both are high-action page turners with cool mythological characters.

What are you dying to read?

No comments: