picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

9.9.10

Review: Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Starting in October we are going to have guest reviewers (who aren't me), but until then I thought I would start us out with a book I read last week, Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce.

If you like your heroines fierce and literally kicking butt, then Sisters Red might be up your alley. Scarlett March lives to kill the Fenris (or werewolves to you and I). After an attack that left her scarred and her grandmother dead, she feels it's her duty to defeat all Fenris. Her sister Rosie owes Scarlett her life and so she hunts alongside her sister even though she dreams of living a normal life (possibly with the young woodsmen who hunts with them).
The book switches points of views between the sisters which I thought was really effective in showing their relationship and getting to know each sister. This isn't just a sisterly love type story though - there's lots of action and suspense, especially towards the end. I was pretty much on the edge of my seat for the last few chapters. Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by this one. I love books about girls who can take care of themselves even when faced with werewolves.
I believe there's a sequel, Sweetly, coming out sometime (possibly June?) in 2011, so keep an eye out.

No comments: