picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

3.9.10

New Non-fic

It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that the non-fiction section of my library wasn't (entirely) boring (I did learn this lesson before I became a librarian but not very long before). If you want to learn how to do pretty much anything, chances are there's a book on it. If you're having trouble with your life, there's probably someone who's been there first and written about it. If you want to impress that cute classmate with your worldly knowledge, there's lots of books to help you out.

(and there's not just books. There's DVDs and e-books and all sorts of other things too. I'm just a book lover at heart).

I know I've already talked about non-fiction but when I was flipping through the new non-fiction titles, I saw some stuff with teen appeal and thought I'd draw your attention to it.

100% Gleek - if you're into the show Glee, you'll want to check this one out.

Acting Bible: the complete resource for aspiring actors - If you're looking to try out for your school play or musical, check this out first.

Dear Diary, I'm Pregnant - ten real life stories of teens who have been through it.

Great Movies III - Robert Ebert's idea of some good movies.

How to Get Published - I know a lot of you are writers. Have an interest in making money some day? This might help.


I.D.: Stuff that happens to define us - anecdotes about things that make us who we are.

Lady Gaga: Behind the Fame - how do you get to be Lady Gaga? (I know I'm curious)

(and that's after only flipping through half of what came in in the last 30 days!)

No comments: