picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

3.2.11

Review: My Worst Best Friend by Dyan Sheldon

My Worst Best Friend by Dyan Sheldon

Gracie and Savanna are best friends and have nothing in common with each other. Savanna is popular, shallow and beautiful while Gracie is shy, smart and lizard obsessed. Somehow despite there differences they remain joined at the hips best friends. But suddenly Gracie starts to notice Savanna's talent of lying and manipulating her and others and starts to woner if Savanna really is her best friend or worst friend.

To be blunt, I hated this book. From the first line the story was predictable and the characters horribly stereotypical! Savanna is the typical shallow, idiotic popular girl that has become so "popular" in pop culture and Gracie is Savanna's best friend and the typical Mary Sue who is shy, never saying a bad thing about anyone and boring! Why is it that some people feel they need to stereotype they're characters! Am I really supposed to walk down the street or go to school and find these two walking around? Another thing I hated was that these girls are supposed to be best friends when all I see is Savanna being idiotic to get things her way and Gracie plainly agreeing. Sure it mentions all these great things of there friendship, them being "cosmic twins" and such but I didn't see it. Another thing that bothered me was how Sheldon wrote the dialog for Savanna. Savanna spoke like a stereotypical popular girl saying "like" and "Omigod" way to much running her words together when she was excited.Does this mean I'm going to give up on the genre? Of course not that would be stupid. I will make sure to read more books in this genre because I can't base one bad book on all the other great books out there!

So yeah, basically I hated this book. Enough said but I think my review kind of got that across.

~ Sarah

Kat's note: reviewed from advanced copy from the publisher. This title is available through Interlibrary Loan.  

No comments: