picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

10.11.10

Waiting on... Wednesday

This week's Waiting on Wednesday is a book I've been waiting on FOREVER or at least it feels that way and the worst part? I still have no idea when we're going to be getting it. We don't even have a cover yet! But I'm still blogging about it because the other two books in the series are phenomenal. What am I talking about? Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore.

the premise: It's based in the same universe as Graceling and Fire, but years later. Apparently familiar characters will make a cameo, but it's mainly about Bitterblue. For those of you who haven't read Graceling, let me clue you in briefly: every once in a while someone is born with a 'grace' or special ability. Katsa's grace is the ability to basically be a one-woman killing machine. The king puts her grace to good use, having her assassinate people, but Katsa decides she's tired of being used. Cue political intrigue! Cue action scenes! Cue romance!

why I'm dying to read it: If Bitterblue is anywhere near as good as Graceling and Fire then I will be a happy reader. I love books where girls kick butt and Katsa and Fire certainly do.

how long I have to wait: I have no idea. I'm hoping it will be released sometime in 2011 but honestly, I have no clue. I've seen various dates but nothing is final yet.

while you're waiting check out: Graceling & Fire (which I've linked above). They're not just for girls, promise! I know of boys who have read and enjoyed them so don't let the girls on the cover put you off, if you're a male reader. If you know of other books with amazing girls like Katsa, link me in the comments - I need something to pass the time until Bitterblue!

No comments: