picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

9.11.10

Poll!

The two-week poll on reading spots has come to a close! Most of you guys read in your rooms, probably because it's a quiet and comfy place (not to mention fairly private for those times you burst into laughter/tears). My favourite answer? 'Anywhere I can'. It's so true - you never know when you're going to be bored and wish you had a book. Best to always be prepared!

This biweekly poll is on how you find/pick books. I'm guilty of all of the above - I pick books (for my personal reading, not the library*) based on completely arbitrary things like if I like the cover and will avoid books that seem to have an intimidating number of pages. I have even been known to put books on hold because a certain celebrity crush was reading it (since obviously I'm going to meet them and discuss literature). So, now you know all my guilty little book secrets, give me yours.

*my collection buying guidelines are slightly less arbitrary than what rock stars are reading.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

I am so bad with choosing "a book by its cover" I am drawn to graphic, interesting covers that instantly grab my attention. If the cover isn't eye-catching there is a chance I won't look at it. I know I am missing out on alot of good reads that way, but I can't help myself. :s