picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

22.9.10

Waiting on... Wednesday

Girls suddenly get super powers? It's been done before (many times. Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers series springs to mind but I could probably name another three easily). So why am I excited about yet another super powers book? Two words: Robin. Benway.

If you haven't read Audrey, Wait! you should add that to your holds list right now. I'll wait. Okay, now that you're back, let's talk about The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June.

the premise: Three sisters gain super powers (invisibility, telepathy and the ability to see the future). Should they use these powers for good or evil? Do they have a choice?

why I'm dying to read it: Besides the above mentioned author, every review I've seen of this book uses the words 'hilarious', 'amusing', 'extremely funny', you get the idea. I'm always looking for funny reads so I'm hoping this one delivers. Also, I have a soft spot for super power books ever since I used to watch X-Men cartoons (yes, the original).
how long I have to wait: Technically, it's out in bookstores and I'm pretty high on the holds list so I'm hoping not long? If I give in and buy it, even less still!

while you're waiting, check out: Audrey, Wait! to get an idea of Robin's writing style. If you're looking for more funny super powers stories, check out Hero by Perry Moore which is a fantastic super hero book.

No comments: