picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

3.3.11

Review: Jane by April Lindner

Jane was living a pretty normal life until her parents suddenly died, leaving her with absolutely nothing. In order to make ends meet, Jane drops out of college and takes a job as a nanny for a famous rock star, Nico Rathburn. Despite her best efforts, she finds that she is falling for her employer. The weird thing is, he seems incredibly interested in Jane too. While Jane is trying to figure out her new role in the Rathburn household, strange things begin to happen. Jane is unsure how, if at all, these events are connected to her arrival.

Jane is a modern retelling of the beloved classic, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I found it to be incredibly accurate to the original story, while still being completely relevant to today’s world. I think that it would be enjoyed by both people that know and love Jane Eyre, and by people who have never read it. As a fan of Jane Eyre, I thought the accuracy of the book was amazing. There were parts of the story that I didn’t think could be pulled off in the present day, but April Lindner did it. At the same time, Jane would still make perfect sense and be completely enjoyable for someone who doesn’t know the story of Jane Eyre. I would definitely recommend this book for fans of classic literature, and for those that just like a good romance.

~ Kristen

Kat's note: I really thought I ordered this but it's become obvious that I haven't so it should be in the catalog in the coming week. My bad.

No comments: