picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

6.1.11

Teen Review: Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Now that Nora and her guardian angel Patch are dating things seem to be looking up. But when Patch begins to act distant and spends a lot of time with Nora’s school rival, she begins to question their feelings for each other. And then there is Scott Parnell, an old friend of the family who suddenly enters Nora’s life. She finds herself attracted to him despite a dark secret he seems to be hiding. Strange events lead to Nora reliving the memory of her brutally murdered father. She begins to believe that his killer is still out there and that somehow her Nephilim bloodline relates to his death. Even without Patch to help her she is determined to solve the mystery of her father’s death, but what she doesn’t know is that the answer may destroy her entire life.

I would first like to point out that this novel is the sequel to Hush, Hush and anyone that wants to thoroughly enjoy it must read the first one. I was really impressed with Hush, Hush, even though a lot of people weren’t and I enjoyed this book with the same amount of gusto.

This novel was very suspenseful; it will definitely be keeping you turning the pages. I love a good love story and this was just the fix I needed at the time of reading. I do find Becca Fitzpatrick’s writing confusing sometimes; I generally have to reread the “action” scenes because I tend to get lost. But she makes up for it in her way of bringing reality to the story and the ending was just divine.

What some people may not like is that the genre of the story if becoming a little over used and I think that is what turned some people away from Hush, Hush. This story is another forbidden love story. I know everyone has been reading a lot of those lately, Twilight anyone? This series may not be the new world wide bestseller or a classic to be read by those a hundred years down the road but for those of us in the present I recommend that you at least give this series a try.

-Clarissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May just be the GREATEST topic which I read all year?