picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

27.10.10

Waiting on... Wednesday

I have a not-so-surprising confession to make: I'm a complete romantic at heart so when I see a book described in Booklist as, "unexpected and intense and perfect and romantic", I'm sold. The book is Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams, an Australian author.

the premise: A teenager named John Lennon ("The Beatle") meets Destiny McCartney and is convinced it's destiny. The problem? Beatle already has a girlfriend of three years.

why I'm dying to read it: There are all sorts of quirky things going on in this book like Beatle being a nonidentical twin who is actually two months older than his twin sisters. There's nothing I love more than a quirky book and they're hard to come across.

how long I have to wait: It's already released but I just ordered it for the library so it may be a while. I'm hoping not too long.

while you're waiting check out: Other love stories where the main characters 'meet cute' include: Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block (AKA my favourite book as a teen), and How They Met by David Levithan which is actually a bunch of short stories.

No comments: