picture scrolling

Tinker Tailor Soldier SPY

Free DHTML scripts provided by Dynamic Drive

27.9.10

Reason #451 Why I Love Being a Librarian

If you've had a five minute conversation with me, you've probably figured out that I love my job. I get to do all kinds of cool stuff and meet cool people and it generally rocks pretty hard. Sometimes though it's crazy amazing and the only reason I'm telling you (besides peer-pressuring you to join the league of librarians mwa ha ha) is that I think you might be able to get that this is a big deal.

This weekend I met Brian Selznick, Walter Dean Meyers and David Levithan!!! All three are fairly famous teen/childrens authors (look them up in our catalog if you don't know them) and it was awesome to get to chat with them about their work and tell them how awesome they are (as if they don't already know). All were complete gentlemen and really down to earth and more than happy to talk about their work (except that Brian Selznick could not talk about his next book so I can't tell you much about that besides the fact that it will be out Fall 2011).

How do you get to meet famous authors? Well, one way is to become a librarian and attend conferences which are events where librarians hear what other library systems are doing and stay on top of advancements in the field (technology, new books/authors, etc.). So not only did I get to meet famous people, I also got a whole bunch of cool ideas that I'm looking forward to trying. Stay tuned!

Also stay tuned for our first teen review coming on THURSDAY!

No comments: